Table of Contents
- Repository: https://github.com/singer-io/tap-shopify
- Maintainer: Stitch
- Meltano Stats (across all plugin variants):
Alternative variants #
tap-shopify are available.
This document describes the default
which is recommended for new users.
Alternative variants are:
Standalone usage #
Install the package using pip:
pip install tap-shopify
For additional instructions, refer to the README in the repository.
View the Meltano-specific
tap-shopify instructions to learn more.
These capabilities can also be overriden
by specifying the
capabilities key in your
You can override these
settings or specify additional
ones in your
meltano.yml by adding the
Please consider adding any settings you have defined locally to this definition on MeltanoHub by making a pull
request to the
that defines the settings for this
Store Subdomain (
The store subdomain, which can be derived from your Shopify admin URL.
If your admin URL starts with
https://my-first-store.myshopify.com/, your store subdomain is
Private App API Password (
A Private App API Password or API Key generated using OAuth
How to get #
Create private app #
First, you will need to create a Private App:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin at
- Click “Apps” in the sidebar on the left
- On the bottom of the page, click “Manage private apps” next to “Working with a developer on your shop?”
- Click the “Create a new private app” button
- Enter a “Private app name” of your choosing, e.g. “Meltano”
- Enter your email address under “Emergency developer email”
- In the “Admin API” section, click “▼ Review disabled Admin API permissions”
- Choose “Read access” rather than “No access” in the access level dropdowns for the following permissions:
- Products, variants and collections -
- Orders, transactions and fulfillments -
- Customer details and customer groups -
- Click “Save”
- In the modal that appears, click “I understand, create the app”
Find your API password #
Now that your app has been created, we can acquire the password Meltano will use to authenticate with the Shopify API.
- In the “Admin API” section on the private app details page, find the “Password” field and click “Show”
- The value that appears (starting with
shppa_) is your API password. You can copy and paste it into the Meltano data source configuration.
Start Date (
Determines how much historical data will be extracted. Please be aware that the larger the time period and amount of data, the longer the initial extraction can be expected to take.
Looking for help? #
If you're having trouble getting the
tap-shopify tap to work, look for an
existing issue in its repository, file a new issue,
join the Meltano Slack community
and ask for help in the
Found an issue on this page? #
This page is generated from a YAML file that you can contribute changes to. Edit it on GitHub!